Thursday 5 April 2018

Denzil Meyrick

This book is the first in a series. Sometimes, you just know you'll be back!



Whisky from Small Glasses

Amazon.com link

My review -


DCI Jim Daley is sent from Glasgow to investigate a body on the west coast. The area is another world to Jim and his sidekick – and then more bodies turn up. What I enjoyed about this book was that the main character felt absolutely real. He had his own burdens without being the caricature ‘maverick cop’ so fashionable now. The story works through a haze of gossip in the small community and Jim and his colleagues have to deal with a death for which he blames himself. This is the first in a series and is very well set up with plenty of possibilities for future stories. I found it extremely compelling and I know I’ll read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment