Sunday 13 August 2017

Blake Crouch

I'm partial to a bit of sci-fi and this one didn't let me down.



Dark Matter

Amazon.com link

My review -

It’s so hard to get my head around this review – and if you read the book you’ll realise why I say that. We’re all aware of the theory of parallel universes but it’s so different seeing dry theory populated by characters you’ve come to believe in. Jason finds he’s only one of, potentially, a massive number of men who can claim to be him. He’s desperate to get back to his wife and son.


In my view, this story was never less than gripping and escalated to breath-takingly exciting in the final few chapters. I found myself feeling fear and shock, and wondered how the story could be resolved. There’s a certain inevitability to the ending but I didn’t have that feeling right till the very end. It’s a tour de force and I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment