Wednesday 14 June 2017

Tom Trott

A new author to me but I enjoyed his style.


You Can't Make Old Friends

Amazon.com link

My review - 

Joe is a private detective, currently out of favour with the police. He’s now getting so little work that he can’t pay his rent and an old client is suing him. Then his old schoolfriend’s body is found washed up on Brighton beach, badly disfigured. Joe recognises him.


There are several strands going on here, with drug dealers, Joe’s old (only) friend and his family and a downright difficult female DCI, newly arrived from London. As one of the characters said to Joe, ‘You’re a good man, but not a nice one’. I really enjoyed this story which had an edginess which gave it flavour. I particularly liked some of the expressions used in the writing – cliché is isn’t. A great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment