Monday 17 April 2017

Kelly Clayton

Book 2 of the Jack Le Claire crime/mysteries. Can't wait for Book 3!


Blood Ties

Amazon.com link

My review - 

This is the second of the Jack Le Claire novels and I read it almost straight after the first. In this book, a wealthy man is found dead in a swimming pool after a party. He’s found by his cousin who works for Jack’s family. Blood ties are explored here with estranged families, family businesses, and a bit of their recent personal history all thrown into the mix. Add to that drugs, prostitution and blackmail and you have a potent brew.


Once again, Kelly Clayton has combined several plot strands with a selection of truly believable characters. They are no two dimensional cut-outs, each having enough background detail, light and shade, to make you feel you know them. The author writes cleanly and elegantly and I look forward to more. I long to find out more about Le Claire’s enigmatic side-kick, Emily Dewar. I hope there’s more about her personal journey in Book Three, which I eagerly await!

No comments:

Post a Comment